AGRIDEA’s strategy aims to highlight its key role in the Swiss agricultural knowledge system and rural areas, in which it also wishes in future to:
- contribute to sustainable, productive and recognised agriculture,
- develop collaboration with the partners in the knowledge system,
- act successfully as a reactive extension and advisory services centre.
AGRIDEA is committed to efficient and sustainable agriculture as well as to dynamic rural areas. It also contributes to the production of high quality food and the creation of high value livelihoods.
AGRIDEA is the skills centre for the preparation, exchange and dissemination of knowledge and know-how drawn from practice and research. It forges links between stakeholders in agriculture and rural areas.
The service agreement attributed by the Federal Office for Agriculture covers about half of AGRIDEA’s funding. It enables AGRIDEA to develop its research, in particular for the cantons, their specialised staff and departments, as well as for organisations of agriculture and rural areas. In addition, AGRIDEA carries out mandates for other private or public institutions.
Focus and goals
- improves the technical and economic management of farms, as well as the social situation of farming families,
- seeks possibilities for production and provision of services by the agricultural sector and promotes their development and implementation,
- seeks possibilities for collaboration and synergies between agriculture and other stakeholders in rural areas and to promote their development,
- encourages sustainable methods of land and soil use, maintenance of rural areas and methods of keeping livestock adapted to their requirements,
- ensures exchanges within the knowledge system in agriculture and rural areas.
To know more about this
The AGRIDEA Association
AGRIDEA – Swiss Association for the Development of Agriculture and Rural Areas – founded in 1958, supports men and women committed to a better quality of life in the rural areas.
Members of AGRIDEA
The members are represented by some forty organisations active in agriculture or the rural areas, including:
- the cantons,
- the Principality of Liechtenstein,
- and other member groups.
Centre for the extension of agriculture
The AGRIDEA centre for the agricultural extension is active on the national level at three sites, in Lindau, Lausanne and Cadenazzo. Staff of about 150, from various professional backgrounds work together for the development of agriculture and the rural areas.
AGRIDEA is funded by:
- A service mandate from the Federal Office for Agriculture,
- The sale of products and services,
- Specific mandates and missions entrusted by public bodies or third parties,
- Member fees.
Our members benefit from a preferential price on products and services.
The system of agricultural knowledge
Competent partners, common goals
AGRIDEA works in collaboration with partners from scientific research, policy, training, advisory services and extension, and practice, as well as with regional and national organisations in favour of a quality future for farming families and of the sustainable development of rural areas.
Neutral and professional
AGRIDEA performs a multidisciplinary and neutral role and makes every effort to ensure that the agents achieve the targeted goals together.
The three particular advantages for AGRIDEA customers are:
• professionalism in contacts, for the products and delivery of services
• broad range of themes and methodologies – all under the same roof
• activities throughout Switzerland and strong national and international networks.
AGRIDEA is ISO 9001, ISO 29990 and IQNet certified